Friday, March 02, 2007

You’re the truth in my lie
The backbone of my tale
The punctuation in my feelings
You’re the fresh when all is stale
Don’t you see what I'm trying to say?
I think this time I want you to stay
Forget it, I lost it
There’s no use chasing it
Forget me, regret me
Wonder why you wanted me
Hold me, let go of me
We don’t know what we want
Take me, release me
Turn away and move on
The style of your words create the fashion of my sentence
The way you start to hurt proves this isn’t worth the mention
But every time that I begin to try
I fall a little more not losing contact with your eye
I don’t need you to want me but I need you to hold me
I don’t want you to need me I need you to want me
I don’t live in that circle and on their path I don’t walk
I live in the shadows of the words I never talk
Day by day I try and swallow my pride
Time after time I hold my head up high
Every time is different but in hindsight it’s all the same
They will never understand because they will never feel the same

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home