Friday, March 02, 2007

the grips are in motion as i turn another corner
no hand to hold in mine and no arm to pull me closer
the wheel is turning again for the hundredth time
i know they don't feel the same emotions as mine
my smile is fixed in the same place as before
my laugh is decieving as i slump into a bore
not a hair out of place with no-one to impress
on go my earrings as i slip into my dress
another outing planned 'oh no that's ok'
I utter the same words in the same nice kind of way
i tell them i dont mind when they joke about the wheel
when really id rather they didnt make it a big deal
watching them laugh in such a different tone
they look into each others eyes and I'm suddenly alone
my eyes are smiling sweetly while my mind begins to hum
my heart sinks lower and I'm chewing on my gum
I chew the straw in anger as I tap my feet in rage
another night is over and nothing has changed
a glance across the room says I'm not the only one
but a glance to the group says I'm the sore thumb
a turn of my head with a flick of my hair
is a lost and unnoticed attempt to tell them I don't care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home