Friday, March 02, 2007

I saw your picture through glassy eyes
Thinking back on all the tears I cried
I saw your name on my mobile screen
you called just to find out how I'd been
Do you ever think back to those days in school
What if you'd have told me and not been a fool
what if you'd have had the balls to say how you felt
Could things have been different, where would we be now?

I listened to your song just the other day
The song about tears, heartache and pain
The song about a girl who left you waiting
I hope that wasn't me who left you anticipating
I listened as the guitar was slowly strummed
And I could hear your heart slowly fall to crumbs
I listened to your voice sounding so pure
Emphasising the way you search for your cure

I watched you walk away from me so many times
That it hurts just to remember that fire inside
The fire that slowly dwindled into nothing at all
As we both sat back and watched each other fall
I watched you walk towards me with a smile on your face
I watched you laugh with sadness being not even a trace
You saw me walk towards you and I saw you freak out
Tell me why did you do that? Why did you back out?
Why did you lead me to believe that you had changed?
When all of this time you were just exactly the same

Next time you see me passing you by
Stop me to make sure that I look in your eyes
Next time you see me walking the streets
Cross to my way so I can just hear you speak
Next time you think of me give me a call
So we can talk about next to nothing at all
Next time you see me just flick me a wave
Just to let me know that everything's ok

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home