Friday, March 02, 2007

Blinded by a tall and intriguing wall
stopping me from seeing and feeling it all
breaking past your confusing disguise
I see it now through my own clear eyes
there was nothing at all restraining my vision
though hindsight provides a nasty incision
it creates a cut that you cannot see
one which reminds me of how it could have been
my words were small and somewhat unkind
while my actions subconcsiously exposed my mind
the hurt this has inflicted was not my aim
I foresaw an outcome with minimal pain
the things I said will burn from truth
yet set us free from the insecuirty of youth
the blanket which I constantly lay beneathe
now lies lonely in midst of this heat
to protect me from feelings that potentially burn
I created a boundary tall and stern
the flaws I see are painfuly so
and I tried all I could to let them go
our destination is not to be the same
we don't share a place in this bitter game
short but sweet is a wonderfull phrase
so dwell on it now as we both walk away

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home