Friday, March 02, 2007

You're standing infront of a crossroad
and all you see is a one way street
we offer you a lifeline
but your to proud to hold out your hand

you've painted a mask that won't come off
for their benefit you bear the cross
hidden meanings and sunken desires
they hold you down while you're reaching higher

I haven't seen you in months
we spoke a couple of days ago
are you ok, is everything alright?
give me a call, I'd like to know

I remember the glint from in your eyes
the happy smile that carried you high
I remember the light within your smile
your face now resembles a mosaic tile

they don't appreciate the things you say
your words are coated in confusion
you fail at trying to hide the pain
let me help you escape your illusion

I can feel myself about to scream
from helping you live a one way dream
tears on the inside will never show
I stay strong so you won't let go

It's time to take somebodys hand
It's time to let us guide you
together we can understand
the demons that try to fight you
it's time to walk a different road
let your eyes open wider than before
you've made yourself such a heavy load
don't be scared to ask for more

Take a second to look into our eyes
let us take your plastic disguise
I offer you a shoulder judgement free
I offer you eyes that will always see
trust my words for what they are
a touch of your own heart removes the scar

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home